Do You Need A Root Canal?
- Severe toothache pain with chewing or pressure
- Prolonged sensitivity / pain to heat or cold temperatures
- Discoloration (a darkening) of the tooth
- Swelling and tenderness in the gums
- A persistent or recurring pimple on the gums
- Note: Sometimes no symptoms are present!
Why A Root Canal Saves Your Teeth
In the hands of a skilled endodontist, a root canal can save your teeth. When the root, nerve or pulp of a tooth is badly infected, a root canal is performed to remove the infection. The inside of the tooth is cleaned and sealed.
Root Canals Get A Bad Rap
Most people associate a root canal with pain, discomfort and other bad things. The truth is, Dr. Villar is skilled so the root canal you get is performed in comfort and efficiency. Simply put, our patients do not suffer!
In fact, the pain the patient feels is relieved with a root canal. Dr. Villar makes sure of that. Another important thing to know is that you do not need a referral from a general dentist to see Dr. Villar for a root canal.